What is Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
Hospitalization: 1 day
Outpatient examination: within 5 days following discharge
- Upper eyelid surgery can remove excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision, can be treated by eyelid lift surgery.
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- Bags under the eyes can be corrected by blepharoplasty.
- Lower eyelid surgery can correct droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
Is it right for me?
A blepharoplasty procedure is usually performed on adult men and women who have healthy facial tissue and muscles and have realistic goals for improvement of the upper and/or lower eyelids and surrounding area.
You should undergo blepharoplasty surgery for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
The results of eyelid surgery will appear gradually as swelling and bruising subside to reveal a smooth, better-defined eyelid and surrounding region, and an alert and rejuvenated appearance.